DEPED LINKS

CONNECT WITH US

SCHOOL HISTORY

Before the war, there was already a school established in Tonsuya, built in the lot of the Santiago family now known as Palmario Street. The school was only four classrooms building. Classes were for grade one to four only. It catered the pupils from barrio Niugan, Catmon, Longos and Tonsuya. The school population at that time was so small. Pupils after finishing grade four had to continue grade five and six at Tañong Elementary School Main.

As the pupil population increased, a wealthy family donated a parcel of land to where our present school stands. There were grades one up to six, a complete elementary course. The first building constructed was the Gabaldon type consisting of two rooms for the new site until eight more rooms were constructed and the old building at Palmario Street was demolished.

Soon World War II broke out, the schools were closed and Tonsuya Elementary School became a Japanese quartel throughout the occupation. When the war ended the schools reopened, the pupil population increased to its maximum, due to the old pupils affected by war. The population doubled and lack of classrooms was the problem. More buildings were built through donations and help from wealthy families of the community. Soon PTA was organized and it helped the school a lot. Soon Catmon and Longos were able to have their own schools so that children of Longos and Tonsuya remained at Tonsuya Elementary School. the school was founded in 1939 occupying an area of 6, 292 square meters.

It was in 1953 when eight-room building was constructed at the back of Tonsuya Elementary School. It was at the boundary of Sanciangco and Ortega Street. An Industrial building, Home Economics building, Canteen and library were also constructed. The school was already completed with the necessary facilities. More teachers were hired; more donations came from various government agencies.

In 1970, the first school building at the present site was demolished to give way for the multipurpose school building, which was two-storey type. The new building composed of twenty-eight rooms complete with audio-visual room, clinic, guidance, office and restroom became a model school for the district of Malabon II.

During the term of Mayor Prospero Oreta, ten more rooms were constructed which were connected to the multi-purpose building and the old building of 1953.

SCHOOL FACILITIES

SCHOOL PILLARS

ENRIQUE C. ROXAS JR.

2019 – UP TO PRESENT

ZENAIDA M. ROBERTO

2016 – 2019

ROSELA Q. ABUDE

2014 – 2016

EMELBON S. MAYRINA

2013 – 2014

SOCIAL MEDIA

OUR LOCATION